Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blah, blah, blah!

Did you ever have one of those days when you just feel blah? Not blah sick, but just blah, don't feel energetic, don't feel like doing anything, can't get yourself in gear blah? Today is one of those days. It's a gorgeous, sunny, breezy, low humidity ( is that enough adjectives??) day here in the northeast. I woke with my mind spinning of lists of things I wanted to do: coffee, exercise, walk the dogs, maybe some yoga, some phone calls, catch up on paperwork. All this before noon! Well noon came and went and I did have the coffee and made one phone call. Then the blahs set in. I just can't get moving and I don't know why.

I think when this happens, and it happens to everyone, it's best to take one step in the right direction. Just get started on one thing on your to do list. So I walked the dogs, and started on the paperwork. I feel a little better, but guilty that a perfectly good day went to waste.

But wait, it's okay to just be, to not have a line of check marks on your to do list. I didn't set the world on fire, but I slowed down, smelled some roses ( literally)  and just savored a lazy day of summer. That list will still be there tomorrow, and it will be even longer.

So here's what excited me today:
- the gorgeous breezy, sunny day
- the colors and smells of my garden
- the breeze blowing the curtains
-a good conversation with my sister-in-law
-several cups of delicious coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment