Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Conversation with a Corn Muffin!




Corn muffin:  I am hot and delicious and right out of the oven. Wouldn't I taste so good with some cold butter melting into my sweet, crumbly deliciousness?

Me:  Yes you would. Let me get out that butter. One little corn muffin won't matter. How much sugar can be in one little corn muffin?

Very little voice inside my head:  Don't do it. You abstain from sugar, and one of those muffins will set you off and you will want more. It's a slippery slope.

Me: Maybe, but it's only one muffin, I can handle this.

Corn muffin: C'mon, I'm still warm. The butter will melt nicely. Don't you remember how good I tasted when you made these last week? You said you made them for your son, but be honest....you made them so you could have one. And you did. Have another. They won't last long once the boys and your guests get here.

Me: Yes, I know I had one last week, and it did set me off. I had a terrible week after that and ate all the white stuff I gave up before. Maybe you were the reason why.

Corn muffin:   Hey, don't blame me. Everything in moderation. It's okay if you just have one.

A little louder voice inside my head:  Yes, that very well could have been the reason you slipped up. You can' t handle moderation of some foods and you know it. There will always be corn muffins. Just because you don't have one today doesn't mean the rest of your life that you will never have an opportunity to have one. YOU are in control. YOU decide if it's the right choice. There will always be corn muffins.

Me:  You are right. I choose not to have one. I'll have a nice glass of ice tea instead. I can't always have what I want when I want it.

Corn muffin:  LOSER!!

Me: I most certainly hope so this week!!

Loud voice inside my head:  You did the right thing.  You won't regret it.

Thought for the day:  Willpower is a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets!




4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Pattie! Take it one little talking corn muffin at time ;) Those little times will add up.
    Have a good week!
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Pattie! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - thats the shit I hear in my head too. Good Girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That darn corn muffin has a lot of friends that hang out at my house! I am not into corn muffins, but I sure am into other bad choices. Every dang day! I am finding that being social, as you have said before, is my downfall. I had lunch and dinner out today, and lunch plans tomorrow and Thursday too. Ugh! I make as good of a choice as I can for the most part, but it is still a lot of sodium and other things that aren't healthy. I did so much better when I didn't leave my house. That just tells me that I am Blessed, and I need to learn to deal better. Right?
    GREAT JOB on beating the muffin binge!

    ReplyDelete