Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keep stepping in the right direction.

Hello everyone. Checking in to say good day on this beautiful Wednesday. Warm and sunny here on the east coast. A beautiful, breezy 60 degree day. You know what my Wednesday routine is...clean sheets, weigh in, and sushi. Sometimes, but not always. This week sushi night is going to be Friday. I did weigh in and I'm up a little. Last week I had a three pound drop, which I thought was a lot for me. So I equalized out a bit. That’s okay. I'm a slow loser, probably because I don't have everything in perfect control all the time. But hey, I'm moving in the right direction. Sometimes I detour, but I get right back on track. Remember, with anything in life, you can always have a fresh start anytime you want. It doesn't have to be on a Monday, New Years Day or 1st of the month. The next minute works too. It's a hard concept, but if you just make your next choice the right one, then you are back on track.

This was a hard concept for me to master, and I still forget at times. But even if you’ve had a day where you blew it, even a week, even a month, just get back on the right road. If you were on your way to a great vacation place, and you kept getting lost, would you give up and drive home? No, you would keep trying to get there, even it took alittle longer. That’s the real battle; trying long enough to get where you are going. Happy travels, and stay the course!


Thought for the day: That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved. Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 comments:

  1. Wow your weather is just like mine today. I hope you have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer!! Soon we will be in shorts and bathing suits again, yikes! I love your detour sign, it made me laugh because haven't we all taken a detour once in awhile, even with our best intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! I know in the past when I have gotten off track, I used that as my excuse to quit. Very wise words friend! (((hugs))) and sugar-free kisses to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! You wouldn't give up on the vacation, would you! LOL! Man, I wish there were 60 degree days here. It was 38 today. blech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great reminder. I like your vacation analogy.

    ReplyDelete