Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life!

Morning on a ranch in Oklahoma
There is a quote that I just love. It's not from a great philospher or scholar, but from an actor. His name is John Wayne. I don't remember where I saw this quote, but I love it, and keep it on my bulletin board at my desk where I can read it often. It goes like this:

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands and hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

I love this quote because it's about what we all want, a fresh clean start. New Years day is a great day for clean starts. So are Mondays, the first of the month, and birthdays too. They are significant days, milestones or important times in the year. That's when promises are made, goals are set, new chapters begin. But really every morning when we rise with the sun there is a chance for a fresh start. You can have it any day and every day.

I think it's an important concept for me as I struggle to lose weight and follow a certain lifestyle. In my case, it's low sugar, low carb. Sometimes when you mess up, make poor food choices or really fall off the wagon, you may have a tendency to say, " I'll start on Monday", or " it's almost the end of the month, I'll start fresh with the new month." But you are just prolonging your journey, putting off your goal, and the days will pass and you will be in the same place you started.
Morning in Napa Valley
So I think a better way to look at things is to say, today is done, tomorrow is brand new. If I worked at meeting my goal yesterday, I will try and repeat that performance today. It it was a bad day yesterday, it has no bearing on this very clean, bright new day!

Good luck to you on this clean bright day and hope you all reach your goals!

Thought for the day: ( this is an easy one!)

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands and hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Morning in my backyard

4 comments:

  1. I just read your blog to my husband because he loves, and I mean loves, John Wayne! You write beautifully about this journey we are on.
    I love your morning pictures! Your backyard is beautiful and I would love to swim at your pool too!
    You can do this Pattie...If I can, anyone can. I still can't believe that I have made it so long.
    Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean start! And, yes, it is waaay better to 'start over' at the next meal instead of at the next Monday, holiday, whatever! This is what has made me successful at this last go round with weight loss. Just because I messed up tonight (eating way too many salty Crunchmaster crackers) doesn't mean that I have license to give up for tomorrow or the weekend.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes tomorrow is a new day!! I agree - you have to have that type of attitude in all areas of your life.
    I love your backyard. It's beautiful!!
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiul pictures and a wonderful encouraging post! Thank you for sharing that with all of us, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete