Monday, September 23, 2013

Life is a Gift!

Pumpkin candles, and the last of the Hydrangeas! Happy Fall!
Good morning all. I know I am not the best blogger these days. I just don't feel like I have anything to say. I am pretty active on the Facebook page for the 100 diet by Jorge Cruise and I love Rosalie's Belly Fat Cure Facebook page. Maybe it's something different for me, and the blogs have died down in volume. My beloved DIL Meghan suggested that I don't always have to blog about eating low carb and low sugar. I thought about this and I think I would blog more if I could just say what I'm thinking about, what I like, or don't like, or whatever's on my mind. So I'll give that a try.

Last night I woke up at 1am because the wind blew the bedroom door shut. I have no trouble getting to sleep. but once I'm up, the trouble starts. I usually lie there for about and hour. Two comfy and sleepy to get up, but not enough to fall back asleep.

 Last night I reached for my Ipad on my nightstand and started reading a Kindle book I downloaded. I'll tell you more about the book in a moment, but I want to share this tip. Whether or not you have a kindle, I suggest you still download the app on your Ipad, Iphone, laptop, and/or computer.  Download it on every device you have. When you have the app, you can still go to Amazon.com and buy a Kindle book, even if you don't have a Kindle. The app will sync across all you devices. So if you are reading on your Kindle, and then open up the app on your Ipad or PC or even your phone ( like if you are stuck waiting with nothing to do), the app will ask you if you want to continue at the page you were at from another device. I think it is just so clever and useful.

So this book I'm reading, I would highly recommend. It's called God Never Blinks, 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours by Regina Brett. Each chapter is a short lesson accompanied by a story. You can skip around and read in any order you want. It has some religious connotations, but nothing overly suggestive. So if you are not religious, you won't take any offense. I promise you will get some motivation, comfort, and be uplifted when you read it. Sending love and hugs! XO!

God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours

Thought for the day: Lesson 50 - Life Isn't Tied with a Bow, but It's Still a Gift - Regina Brett, God Never Blinks.

4 comments:

  1. She is right, you certainly don't have to only blog about food or dieting. It's your blog and talk about what ever you want. We will listen.
    I am not a HUGE reader but do have that on my computer and cell phone.
    Love you picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalie, I thought of you when I was reading some of the chapters in that book. I think you would like it because each chapter is a short story.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Pattie! I think you know I will read anything you want to blog about. ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your DIL is right. We like to hear from you whether it's about diet or just life....So Keep on blogging! :) I have my ipad sitting right next to me so that I can download the Kindle app and read some free Paleo recipes. This gluten and dairy free lifestyle is a bit difficult to start, but I feel much better (less post nasal drip and allergies) and I've lost a ton of weight....maybe even too much. I'm adding some grains in and even some sugar from apples just so I don't lose too much.
    Carey

    ReplyDelete